Skip to main content
Children's Health - Information in Multiple Languages
- Maintained by the The Nemours Center for Children's Health Media, a part of The Nemours Foundation, a nonprofit organization created by Alfred I. duPont in 1936 and devoted to improving the health of children.
- Provides information on general health, growth & development, infections, nutrition & fitness, emotions & behavior, school & family life, and first aid & safety.
- Includes sections written for parents, kids, teens, and educators. Also provides videos on a variety of topics.
- Spanish version available.
- Maintained by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the recognized authority on pediatric oral health care.
- Provides general information on children's dental health and guidance on special dental health issues.
- Includes a pediatric dentist search; news; parent educational brochures; and information on adolescent oral care.
American Academcy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: Familes & Youth
Families & Youth
- Maintained by American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Provides information on:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Military Families
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Substance Use
- Trauma and Child Abuse
- Also provides a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Finder.
- Includes videos of youth and young adult advocates talking about their experiences with with mental illness.
Contact A Librarian
Do you need help finding health information? Contact our clinical librarian.
Health Information Request
Disclaimer: The librarians at Darnall Medical Library are happy to respond to requests for health information from WRNMMC patients and families. The librarians are not doctors and cannot provide medical advice or interpret the information provided. Only health care providers can evaluate how health information may apply to a patient's specific situation, discuss medical conditions, and make health-related recommendations and suggestions.
Links, photos, or content shared from another site do not indicate endorsement by WRNMMC or by any other federal agency. Advice on the treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a physician who has examined that patient or is familiar with that patient's medical history.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1730
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.