Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NARCAN Now Mobile App
With a simple to follow usage guide, pharmacy locater and training videos, you can ensure you are ready-to-use NARCAN Nasal Spray in the event of an opioid overdose emergency. Read the review from iMedicalApps.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Opioid Overdose Information for Patients
Opioid Overdose: Information for Patients
- Includes sections: "Know Your Options," "Expectations for Opioid Therapy," "Prevent Opioid Misuse," "Helpful Materials," "Frequently Asked Questions," and the "Rx Awareness Campaign."
Health.Mil: Opioid Safety
- Provides information on alternatives to prescription opioids, plus use and disposal.
- Includes links to infographics and additional resources.
Department of Health and Human Services: Pain Management Options
Pain Management Options
- Provides checklists and factsheets.
- Includes sections on "What to ask your Doctor," "Nonopioid Treatments for Chronic Pain," and "Complementary and Integrative Approaches for Pain."
National Library of Medicine: Pain Relievers MedlinePlus
Contact A Librarian
Do you need help finding health information? Contact our clinical librarian.
Health Information Request
Disclaimer: The librarians at Darnall Medical Library are happy to respond to requests for health information from WRNMMC patients and families. The librarians are not doctors and cannot provide medical advice or interpret the information provided. Only health care providers can evaluate how health information may apply to a patient's specific situation, discuss medical conditions, and make health-related recommendations and suggestions.
Links, photos, or content shared from another site do not indicate endorsement by WRNMMC or by any other federal agency. Advice on the treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a physician who has examined that patient or is familiar with that patient's medical history.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1730
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.