Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Who's helping you telework during COVID-19?
Characteristics: Gnocchi doesn't know why everyone is home since March, but he gets double walks and treats, so he doesn't ask questions.
Co-worker: Hayden Wisely, Neurology Resident
Albus, Boxer / English Bulldog
- Characteristics: He’s a 70lb lap dog who doesn’t understand the concept of personal space. He loves when his humans telework because that means more attention...and snacks
- Co-worker: Tara Ring, IM Resident
- Age: 2 years
- Characteristics: Hopes his barber shop opens up again soon for a 'real' haircut.
- Co-worker: Matt Lutynski, Deputy DETR
Thor, Great Dane
- Age: 4 years, 9 months
- Characteristics: Thor tries his best to social distance. He's able to stay away from your face about 1 inch now vs. touching your face!
- Co-worker: Ashley James, Resuscitative Medicine
Merry & Pippin, American Shorthair/ Marmalade & White
- Age: 1
- Characteristics: When not conserving their energy, these two practice good paw-washing hygiene and supervise the humans.
- Co-worker: Ann Holman, Library Director
Cocoa, Australian Labradoodle
Characteristics: My four-legged officemate watches over to make sure emails are sent and coffee is hot!
Co-worker: Maureen Petersen, Chief, Graduate Medical Education
Mordecai (aka Mouthy Momo), Miniature American Shepherd
- Age: 4
- Characteristics: Extremely opinionated and highly motivated by food.
- Co-worker: Brandan Carroll, Library Technician
- Age: 5 years
- Characteristics: Rowdy likes to voice his opinion when his co-worker is on a teleconference!
- Co-worker: Connor Witty, OMFS resident
SSGT Truman, Chocolate Lab
- Age: 5
- Characteristics: He misses all his friends at WRNMMC. He can't wait to come back!
- Co-worker: Harvey Naranjo, Adaptive Sports Specialist
Waffles, American Shorthair/orange furball
- Age: 5
- Characteristics: Waffles enjoys chasing birds, sitting in sunny windows, and napping on his humans' feet while they work.
- Co-worker: Emily Shohfi, Clinical Librarian
Milo, Dachshund mix
- Age: 11
- Characteristics: Likes to shimmy upside down across the carpet.
- Co-worker: Sarah Clarke, Medical Librarian
Charlie Girl the Cockapoo & Xerxes, the Persian Cat
- Age: 11 months & 6 years old
- Characteristics: We like to lick Mom while she is making telederm calls!
- Co-worker: Elizabeth Taylor, Dermatology Resident
Ursa, Lab/Retriever mix
- Age: 10 years
- Co-worker: Mark Nau, Pulm Crit Care Fellow
SSgt Dillon, HM1 Sully H.W Bush and HN "Recruit" Luke, WRNMMC Facility Dogs
- Ages: Old enough to know better but young enough to make you smile.
- Characteristics: This steadfast team misses visiting people, but hope that someone will start streaming old episodes of Lassie.
- Co-worker: Amy O'Connor, Project Manager for ACoS
Many thanks to our friends at the USU LRC, who had this idea in the first place! Check out their page.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1630
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.