Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
IT / ACCESS ISSUES
When we went to HPCON Charlie and shifted back to increased telework, IT changed how they route network traffic, and IP authentication on base is not consistent. Read more here. You may be prompted to login via EZproxy Remote Access, even when on base. If you are experiencing access issues with Browzine or other websites/databases, try using the Firefox browser. If trouble persists, please contact us with a description of the issue.
The mission of the Darnall Medical Library is to provide quality information and services to support the medical readiness and care of the Uniformed Services and their families.
Darnall Medical Library aims to be a forward-looking, innovative service valued by the WRNMMC staff as an integral component of quality healthcare delivery by
- providing access to a broad scope of current, evidence-based medical, nursing, and allied health literature;
- responding to the resource and service needs and requests of the healthcare providers;
- performing literature searches in a timely manner;
- educating providers on searching, retrieving, and evaluating information;
- developing and/or implementing novel library service delivery models, particularly at the point of care; and
- capitalizing on the latest technology to make resources more accessible.
Darnall Medical Library Staff Contacts
Carroll, Brandan, Technical Information Specialist
Clarke, Sarah, Medical Reference Librarian
Coates, Clinton, Technical Information Specialist
Holman, Ann, Library Director
Mason-Coles, Michele, Clinical Librarian
Shohfi, Emily, Clinical Librarian
Dr. Tmanova, Research Librarian
Treskunova, Dina, Library Technician, Interlibrary Loan
Contact the Darnall Medical Library (DML)
For WRNNMC Patients
- TRICARE Appointment Line: 855-227-6331
- Walter Reed NMMC Main Phone: 301-295-4611
- TRICARE Health Services (Includes phone numbers)
Researching a medical condition?
Click on the button below!
For WRNNMC Healthcare Providers
Awarded FEDLINK Small Federal Library/Information Center of the Year, FY14
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1630
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.