Skip to Main Content
The Academic Research & Education Advisory initiative is designed to improve academic research and education, guide WRNMMC clinicians and post-graduate trainees in conducting research in clinical sciences and specialties, and enhance research competencies.
Note. The information guide is in designing mode and additional information will be added.
Email: Research Librarian
DoD Teams: Research Information
Darnall Medical Library: Bldg. 1.
Research Information Knowledge
The Research Librarian helps clinicians and residents in clinical specialties and sciences to understand:
- authoritative information resources, tools, scholars, and experts in clinical specialties and sciences research and practice
- information values from the perspectives of intellectual property, copyright, plagiarism, research integrity, disinformation, misinformation, and information dissemination in clinical specialties and sciences research and practice
- information process of research design in clinical specialties and sciences
- process of conducting a literature search using various strategies in clinical specialties and sciences
- process of conducting research as inquiry in clinical specialties, sciences, and practice
- process of communicating research and critically appraise published literature and authors’ contribution to clinical specialties, sciences, and practice
Research Information Competencies
The Research Librarian guide clinicians and residents in clinical specialties and sciences to develop competencies in:
- identifying research knowledge gaps in clinical specialties and medical sciences research, design a research project, and manage a project
- selecting of research tools, methods, and techniques to be used in clinical specialties and science research
- formulating of research and clinical questions using the appropriate search strategy and methodology, and identifying clinical specialty and sciences research tools
- gathering of information resources using various strategies, be up-to date, and engage with other experts in clinical specialties and science research and practice
- differentiating of various information and data resources in clinical specialties and science research, determine the quality and academic integrity of research, critically appraise research in clinical specialties and practice, and understand the citation metrics
- understanding the issues in intellectual property, copyright, plagiarism, research integrity, and ethical use of research and data
- communicating research, ethics of academic and medical research communication, synthesis and appraisal of research information in clinical specialties and sciences, and ethical publication
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the Darnall Medical Library, WRNMMC may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such hyperlinks are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1630
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.