Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EndNote is a citation manager. Citation managers are used to organize citations used in research, and then to develop bibliographies. You can access EndNote via the web, have it loaded on your WRNMMC computer, or request the information to load it on your personal computer. It's helpful to understand how DoD cyber security impacts EndNote use.
- This FAQ tells you how to get EndNote.
- EndNote Web will not sync with EndNote on your computer. This FAQ provides a workaround.
- Each version of EndNote needs to be on DHA’s Approved Products List (APL) before it can be loaded on WRNMMC computers. The review process can take up to 9 months, so it is fairly typical that the approved version of EndNote is one version behind the current release. You can get the most current release on your personal computer.
- EndNote has a "Cite While You Write" function, which lets you embed citations in your Word document while writing. It is not approved by cyber security, and will not work on WRNMMC computers. It should work on your personal computer.
BrowZine is a mobile app / website intended to make it easier for you to stay current. It allows you to select journals of interest to you and create a "bookcase." It will deliver each table of contents as new issues are released. You can then download and read the articles that we subscribe to. Helpful things to know about BrowZine:
- This FAQ tells you how to download BrowZine.
- You'll need an EZproxy Remote Access account to download articles.
- Some of our subscriptions are embargoed. This happens with content through aggregators (such as ProQuest), and means that the publisher will hold back the most recent issues. Journal embargoes can last anywhere from six months to 18 months. In the case of embargoed journals, you will see the current table of contents, but you will not be able to access the article.
- Bear in mind too, that we are limited to requesting five articles per journal title via interlibrary loan. If you have questions about journal subscriptions, contact the Library Director.
About LibKey Nomad
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that works with the Chrome browser. It can not be used on DoD computers, but is useful if you do research at home. It will display a "Download PDF" link if you go to an article that we subscribe to or is available via open access.
- This link takes you to the LibKey Nomad information page, including the link to download the extension.
- Again, you will need an EZproxy Remote Access account to access articles.
One Last Thing...
Please remember that the library team is here to help. We know connectivity issues are frustrating and all too common. We purchase a lot of information and link you to even more information provided by DHA, and there are a variety of ways that links can go wrong. When this happens, please let us know what you were trying to access (complete citation) and where in the process things broke down. We'll try to fix the problem, but more importantly, we will do everything we can to get you the information you need.
Contact the Darnall Medical Library (DML)
For WRNNMC Patients
- TRICARE Appointment Line: 855-227-6331
- Walter Reed NMMC Main Phone: 301-295-4611
- TRICARE Health Services (includes phone numbers)
Researching a Medical Condition?
Click the button below!
For WRNNMC Healthcare Providers
IT / ACCESS ISSUES
When we went to HPCON Charlie and shifted back to increased telework, IT changed how they route network traffic, and IP authentication on base is not consistent. Read more here. You may be prompted to login via EZproxy Remote Access, even when on base. If you are experiencing access issues with Browzine or other websites/databases, try using the Firefox browser. If trouble persists, please contact us with a description of the issue.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the Darnall Medical Library, WRNMMC may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such hyperlinks are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1630
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.