Skip to main content
Current Events - Resources
Changes to PubMed / Article Retrieval
- The New PubMed interface is the default. The Legacy PubMed interface is going away October 31 2020.
- LinkOut, the tool behind the "Locate@Darnall" button has changed to Library LinkOut.
- This should not impact article access, but we want you to be aware-- please report access issues to us so we can look into them. We have staff online from 0700-1630 Monday - Friday, and will retrieve the information you need while researching the access issue.
- The Locate@Darnall button now takes you to one of the following:
- The article;
- A page with the citation and link to the article / journal;
- Or a page with the citation with a "Request via Interlibrary Loan" button. (Note: That button isn't currently working in Chrome.)
- We have also implemented a product called LibKey. LibKey is intended to take you straight to the PDF whenever possible. When LibKey cannot take you to the PDF, they will take you to the Print & Electronic Journals linking page as noted above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need a break? Check out our teleworking co-workers (aka pets) page!
For WRNNMC Patients
- TRICARE Appointment Line: 855-227-6331
- Walter Reed NMMC Main Phone: 301-295-4611
- TRICARE Health Services (Includes phone numbers)
Researching a medical condition?
Click on the button below!
For WRNNMC Healthcare Providers
Podcast of the Month
The Nocturnists podcast highlights transformative stories and provocative discussions about the world of medicine. In response to the extraordinary events of 2020, they produced two new special audio diary series: “Stories from a Pandemic” and “Black Voices in Healthcare.”
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1730
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.