Skip to main content
Site changes coming SOON!
We're planning some changes to the library website in mid-August. Learn more about them here.
EndNote is a bibliographic citation manager. We have an institutional license. For information on accounts and installation, click here.
Podcast of the Month
The Curbsiders podcast is a national network of students, residents and clinician educators from across the country. On the show, the experts deconstruct various topics in the world of medicine to provide listeners with clinical pearls, practice changing knowledge and puns.
Need a break? Check out our teleworking co-workers (aka pets) page!
Changes to PubMed / Article Retrieval
- The New PubMed interface is now available and will become the default in May 2020.
- LinkOut, the tool behind the "Locate@Darnall" button has changed to Library LinkOut.
- This should not impact article access, but we want you to be aware-- please report access issues to us so we can look into them. We're staffed from 0700-1730 Monday - Friday, and will retrieve the information you need while researching the access issue.
- The Locate@Darnall button now takes you to one of the following:
- The article;
- A page with the citation and link to the article / journal;
- Or a page with the citation with a "Request via Interlibrary Loan" button. (Note: That button isn't currently working in Chrome.)
- We have also implemented a product called LibKey. LibKey is intended to take you straight to the PDF whenever possible. When LibKey cannot take you to the PDF, they will take you to the Print & Electronic Journals linking page as noted above.
Contact the Darnall Medical Library (DML)
Congratulations to Michele Mason-Coles,
Federal Librarian of the Year FY18!
Federal Librarian of the Year is awarded by FEDLINK / Library of Congress
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1730
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.