Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If you need help during work hours
- Live Chat is online M-F, 0900-1500.
- You can also phone the circulation desk between 0900-1500 at 301-295-1184
- On Fridays, try 301-295-1185
- "Ask Us" questions are monitored M-F, 0700-1700.
Evenings or weekends (or maybe you just like solving mysteries)
Looking to hone your skills?
- We schedule Library Classes quarterly. The Calendar is here. You can read class descriptions here-- we're always happy to come speak to your team or give you one-on-one training.
- Many of our resources have online training. You may not be able to watch videos on WR-B networked computers, but they should be freely available on home computers and mobile devices. And of course, WR-B staff can always request an EZproxy Remote Access account for use at home and on mobile devices.
- Some of our resources have built in CE / CME. You can find information on our CE / CME page.
If you're new and just looking for a place to start:
Suggestions for improving any of our pages?
Status of Library during COVID
Contact the Darnall Medical Library (DML)
For WRNNMC Healthcare Providers
For WRNNMC Patients
- TRICARE Appointment Line: 855-227-6331
- Walter Reed NMMC Main Phone: 301-295-4611
- TRICARE Health Services (includes phone numbers)
Researching a Medical Condition?
Click the button below!
IT / ACCESS ISSUES
When we went to HPCON Charlie and shifted back to increased telework, IT changed how they route network traffic, and IP authentication on base is not consistent. Read more here. You may be prompted to login via EZproxy Remote Access, even when on base. If you are experiencing access issues with Browzine or other websites/databases, try using the Firefox browser. If trouble persists, please contact us with a description of the issue.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the Darnall Medical Library, WRNMMC may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such hyperlinks are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1630
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.