Skip to main content
Work in Progress
DHA has migrated WRNMMC computers to Med-COI. This impacts how the library resource providers authenticate our access. The purpose of this page is to explain how to access library materials, offer troubleshooting tips, and link you to appropriate library staff for assistance and feedback.
This link will take you to the login for AVHE. Login requires a CAC. Select your email certificate. Detailed access information below.
Trying to get to the main Darnall Medical Library page? Click here.
How Do I Access Library Materials?
First Things First
- Try to access content as you normally do. We've tried to make MedCOI the same. If you're working from home or a mobile device, access should not have changed.
- If you cannot access online content, try the steps below to access via the Application Virtualization Hosting Environment (AVHE).
- Use the instructions to login to the AVHE. You'll want to uses your email credentials to login.
- Don't forget to set the Darnall Medical Library App as a favorite!
- Access the Darnall Medical Library App. First login of the day may take a minute.
- Use the library website as you typically do. If you are in an active session, the AVHE should not time out. If it does, just login again.
- If you get a "This page can't be displayed" error, try refreshing the screen (pressing F5).
- If you are prompted to login using EZproxy from the AVHE, please notify the library team. It means we need to update an IP with a vendor.
- If you are having difficulty logging into the AVHE, contact the DHA GSC. If you have not used AVHE in the past or you cannot access those systems please contact AVHE directly at: 800-600-9332 and they should create a DHA ticket in AVHE support for you (please ask them to create that ticket in Remedy). Request that you be added to all the health systems (including Darnall) that you would need AVHE for. Alternatively, you can contact them via email on the main AVHE website: https://avhe.health.mil/.
- Are you accessing AVHE from a Walter Reed NMMC networked computer?
- If you Google "what is my ip" (with or without quotation marks), what numbers do you get?
- When you tried to use AVHE, did you have your CAC card connected to your device?
- Did you select your email credentials when prompted by AVHE?
- Have you used AVHE (remote secured connection to allow telework) in the past to remote into any health IT system (e.g. ALTHA/Eccentris) before?
- If so, can you log into AVHE now to access those systems?
- If you are having problems retrieving / downloading articles, please let us know-- we have staff here who can retrieve articles for you from 0600-1730 Monday-Friday. Transitions are challenging. We're here to reduce your pain points.
IMPORTANT: Changes to Library Resource Access
BLUF: You should be able to access library content the way that you always have. If you cannot access content, the information below should help.
- DHA has migrated WRNMMC computers to Med-COI.
- This impacts how the library resource providers authenticate our access.
- Because we have content providers who cannot accommodate the number of accounts (the Med-COI Fact Sheet estimates 116,172 active users), we are implementing a short-term solution while attempting to address the long-term issue.
- This solution involves library users accessing a Darnall Medical Library App via Application Virtualization Hosting Environment (AVHE).
- WRNMMC personnel with EZproxy accounts can still access content using their EZproxy login.
- Library staff and the DHA Global Service Center (GSC) will be able to assist.
Link to the DML's MedCOI status page.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1730
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.