Skip to main content
For an A-Z list of all of the library's databases, please go to the library's Databases page.
Selected Databases for Psychiatry
Need Help Searching?
Ask for assistance with a literature search
Contact your clinical librarian: Emily Shohfi
A lit search is searching a database for targeted results on your topic
- Contact us for a lit search for these types of questions:
- Patient care questions (extremely quick turn-around, not as in-depth searching)
- Questions with clinical implications (fast turn-around with some lee-way depending on the extent of research)
- Questions related to grand rounds and presentations (we always try to meet your deadlines),
- Research/QI project searching
Results will typically be delivered as a list or link to citations
- We may attach some PDFs to give you a quick start
- We can send you results as an Endnote Library or word document of citation + abstract if that is your preferred format.
Other related pieces to lit searching:
- We're happy to teach you to search literature efficiently on your own
- We can consult on best keywords, phrases, and controlled vocabulary for your searches if you want to work with us instead of have us conduct the search for you.
- We can also work with you to see if there have been similar papers/projects done in the past, though rule-out searches are tricky based on database availability.
- We offer assistance with extensive/long-term research projects such as systematic reviews/meta-analysis/scoping reviews, but we request that you meet with us so we can discuss library services and timeframes.
Request document delivery if you're looking for full-text PDFs for citations you've found
Contact the Darnall Medical Library (DML)
For WRNNMC Patients
- TRICARE Appointment Line: 855-227-6331
- Walter Reed NMMC Main Phone: 301-295-4611
- TRICARE Health Services (Includes phone numbers)
Researching a medical condition?
Click on the button below!
For WRNNMC Healthcare Providers
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1730
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.