Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Physical Library is CLOSED. The temperature indoors is 58. Most staff are teleworking. You can also access our online services via the box on the right. (February 6 2023)
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center has access to BoardVitals. You have access to test banks to help prepare for board exams and maintenance of certification exams for 40+ medical specialties. Register using the instructions below.
- You MUST be onsite at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for your first login from this link.
- If you are not on site, or get an authentication error, but have an EZproxy remote access account, use this link.
- Sign up using your institutional email address and you will be logged in and registered for BoardVitals
- After you register, you MUST LOG OFF!
- Once you have logged in the first time, your account has been authenticated.
- After initial registration, next time just go to the LOG IN here. Use the email address and the password you created to access BoardVitals from work or personal devices including tablets and smartphones.
SMI Adviser for Clinicians
SMI Adviser is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and administered by the American Psychiatric Association (APA). The APA works closely on this project with a team of experts from 30 other mental health organizations. This team includes individuals, families, clinical experts, peers, and policy makers – all working to create access to the best resources on serious mental illness (SMI).
APA Clinical Practice Guidelines
APA practice guidelines provide evidence-based recommendations for the assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders and are intended to assist in clinical decision making by presenting systematically developed patient care strategies in a standardized format.
APA makes the practice guidelines freely available to promote their dissemination and use; however, copyright protections are enforced in full. No part of these guidelines may be reproduced except as permitted under Sections 107 and 108 of the United States Copyright Act. For permission for reuse, visit our Permissions and Licensing Center. Also visit PsychiatryOnline to access the guidelines and purchase the complete collection of guidelines and watches.
COVID-19 General Searches
Contact the Darnall Medical Library (DML)
For WRNNMC Healthcare Providers
For WRNNMC Patients
- TRICARE Appointment Line: 855-227-6331
- Walter Reed NMMC Main Phone: 301-295-4611
- TRICARE Health Services (includes phone numbers)
Researching a Medical Condition?
Click the button below!
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the Darnall Medical Library, WRNMMC may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such hyperlinks are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1630
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.