Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For a complete list of the library's print and electronic journals, please go to the library's Journals page.
Annals of Internal Medicine RSS Feed
Selected Journals for Internal Medicine
Need Help Searching?
Ask for assistance with a literature search
A lit search is searching a database for targeted results on your topic
- Contact us for a lit search for these types of questions:
- Patient care questions (extremely quick turn-around, not as in-depth searching)
- Questions with clinical implications (fast turn-around with some lee-way depending on the extent of research)
- Questions related to grand rounds and presentations (we always try to meet your deadlines),
- Research/QI project searching
Results will typically be delivered as a list or link to citations
- We may attach some PDFs to give you a quick start
- We can send you results as an Endnote Library or word document of citation + abstract if that is your preferred format.
Other related pieces to lit searching:
- We're happy to teach you to search literature efficiently on your own
- We can consult on best keywords, phrases, and controlled vocabulary for your searches if you want to work with us instead of have us conduct the search for you.
- We can also work with you to see if there have been similar papers/projects done in the past, though rule-out searches are tricky based on database availability.
- We offer assistance with extensive/long-term research projects such as systematic reviews/meta-analysis/scoping reviews, but we request that you meet with us so we can discuss library services and timeframes.
Request document delivery if you're looking for full-text PDFs for citations you've found
Contact the Darnall Medical Library (DML)
For WRNNMC Healthcare Providers
For WRNNMC Patients
- TRICARE Appointment Line: 855-227-6331
- Walter Reed NMMC Main Phone: 301-295-4611
- TRICARE Health Services (includes phone numbers)
Researching a Medical Condition?
Click the button below!
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the Darnall Medical Library, WRNMMC may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such hyperlinks are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Darnall Medical Library | Walter Reed NMMC | Building 1, Room 3458 | 8955 Wood Road | Bethesda, MD 20889 | 301-295-1184/85 | Open Monday-Friday, 0700-1630
After-hours access to the library is available to WRNMMC Staff via the CDO at 301-295-4611.